The SCAD painting department offers instruction in technique, contemporary art, art criticism and critical theory, providing a foundation that allows students to experiment and explore their individual voices and creative vision. This blog is written and maintained by the faculty of the painting department.
For more information and to apply: SAVANNAH COLLEGE OF ART AND DESIGN
The Savannah College of Art and Design exists to prepare talented students for professional careers, emphasizing learning through individual attention in a positively oriented university environment.
The Savannah College of Art and Design, an institution with distinctive yet complementary locations, will be recognized as the leader in defining art and design education. By employing innovation in all areas, SCAD will provide a superior education through talented and dedicated faculty and staff, leading-edge technology, advanced learning resources and comprehensive support services.
- Being a student-centered institution.
- Providing an exceptional education and life-changing experience for students.
- Demonstrating quality and excellence in every aspect of operations.
- Sustaining a respectful and honest university environment.
- Growing while continually improving.
- Being innovative and results-oriented.
- Promoting a cooperative team spirit and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Going the “extra mile.”