One of the books on the SCAD Painting Department Reading List (found under the Resources tab) is Josef Albers’ The Interaction of Color. It is a must read for all artists and designers working with color. Now there is an Ipad app that lets you interact directly with Joseph Albers’ theories on color and create your own digital color studies.
One of the most influential books on color ever written, now in the 50th anniversary year of its publication, Josef Albers’ masterwork achieves its full, interactive potential in this groundbreaking new digital application featuring the following:
- Full text and plate commentary, featuring the original set
of 125 color studies.
- Over 60 interactive studies that allow students to experiment with color and find their own solutions, using the stunning new palette tool, featuring 526 color swatches.
- Inspired by Albers’s teaching methodologies, each plate is designed to reproduce the experience of working with cut and colored paper.
- The ability to create, save, and export final designs.
- Over two hours of original video commentary by experts that make even the most challenging principles easy to understand.